[CLUE-Talk] telnet or rlogin

Don Collier collierd at email.com
Tue Feb 6 13:31:59 MST 2001

I am having a few problems using the rlogin and telnet programs.  I am
in a small network (12 computers) of Solaris machines that are on a
private network so there is not a worry about security of telnet or
rlogin.  I use my linux laptop to login to the Unix machines to run
various process for our company.  Until recently, I have only had to run
from the command line.  I tried to set the display using "setenv DISPLAY
computer:0.0" which worked except that my computer will not allow the
connection to the xserver.  My hosts.allow shows access for that client,
but I don't know what else needs to be changed to allow connections the
the xserver.  My computer is running redhat 6.2 with XFree86 3.3.3.1b.
Thanks for the time.

--
Don Collier
collierd at email.com