[CLUE-Talk] telnet or rlogin

Grant Johnson Grant.Johnson at MetroIS.com
Tue Feb 6 13:54:41 MST 2001

Are you trying to display locally on the Linux laptop or remotely on the
Sun machine.  On the machine that is going to do the displaying, do:

xhost +remote_machine (i.e. xhost +192.168.2.10)

This is a semi-insecure way to do things, and there is a better way with
the MIT Magic cookie, but I have never taken the time to learn it.  I often
run GUI apps on a server with no GUI installed, but display it on my laptop.