[CLUE-Talk] new scsi card

Roger Frank rfrank at rfrank.net
Thu Jan 11 18:55:20 MST 2001

On Friday 12 January 2001 01:40, Don Collier wrote:

> Sorry.  The new card is an Adaptec AHA-2940U.
>
> Don Collier
>
> Don Collier wrote:
> > I had to go out and get a new scsi card because my old one didn't work.
> > Because this older card never worked I have no idea how to install this
> > card or mount the cd writer that is attached to it.  I use redhat 6.2
> > with kernel 2.2.17.  The program in redhat that checks for new hardware
> > found the card and said that is was configured, but when booting it
> > still has scsi hosts as 0.

Mine also reports scsi hosts as 0, but it all works fine (2 9GB drives, a CD
ROM, and a CD burner):

  scsi : 0 hosts.
  scsi : detected total.
  (scsi0) <Adaptec AHA-294X Ultra SCSI host adapter> found at PCI 0/10/0
  (scsi0) Wide Channel, SCSI ID=7, 16/255 SCBs
  (scsi0) Cables present (Int-50 YES, Int-68 YES, Ext-68 NO)
  (scsi0) Downloading sequencer code... 422 instructions downloaded

--
Roger Frank
Ponderosa High School, Colorado