[CLUE-Talk] Question about FIPS

Tom Poindexter tpoindex at nyx.net
Wed Jan 24 16:08:41 MST 2001

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 03:35:04PM -0700, Grant Johnson wrote:
> Huh?????????
>
> Where you install LILO has nothing to do with how big your partitions are
> or which ones are  for which OS.  In your /etc/lilo.conf, it tells it where
> to put LILO.  You get that set up, then run /sbin/lilo, and it puts it
> where you told it to.  LILO is a loader.  I put mine in the MBR, then it

When I say 'installing Lilo' I mean where the Lilo first stage boot loader
goes, not the actual /sbin/lilo program (i.e., 'boot=' in lilo.conf)

To state again, Lilo 21.6.1 installed as in the first block of the bootable
partition (linux in /dev/hda2, starting at a cylinder past 1024) did not
work for me.  I didn't try installing Lilo 21.6.1 in the MBR.

Based on your comments, it would seem that Lilo 21.6.1 does boot in lba32 mode,
but only if the Lilo boot block is installed in the MBR, no?

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex at nyx.net
http://www.nyx.net/~tpoindex/