[CLUE-Talk] USB for Linux?

Ken Scott kscott-list at pcisys.net
Mon Jan 29 21:47:27 MST 2001

on 1/29/01 7:10 PM, Match Grun at match at dimensional.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone out there tried USB devices with Linux?
>
> I know that USB is included in kernel 2.4.0 and there
> is a backport in 2.2.x kernels. I am now running 2.2.18
> with RH 6.2 so that I can try USB.
>
> One problem. I don't have any USB devices. Can anyone
> recommend any USB devices that work with Linux.

One place to check is <http://www.linux-usb.org>.

Barring that, I have used a lot of different USB devices with the Linux 2.4
development kernels. All that I have heard is that the release got better.

I have tried:
Hubs, MS Intellimouse Explorer, MS Natural Keyboard Elite, Kodak DC-280
digital camera (via gPhoto), Sandisk SDDR-31 (I think!) compact flash
reader.

There may have been more, but I don't recall. There is a lot of stuff that
just works.

Ken

--
<><      Ken Scott   ken at optikos.net   http://www.pcisys.net/~kscott

                This is the day that the Lord has made;
                Let us rejoice and be glad in it          -- Psalm 118:24