[CLUE-Talk] Cool KMail feature

Roger Frank rfrank at rfrank.net
Wed Jul 4 22:26:46 MDT 2001

That is a cool feature of KMail.  I've gotten used to
feature-rich email clients (and software in general)
but I've sure had to rethink just about every application
since I'm on a road trip with a 486, 75 MHz laptop.
Even there, though, Linux shines.  I've installed
flwm (fast, light, window manager) and it's not
gnome or KDE, but is sure is easy to use and really
well thought out.  I would wait way too long for KDE
or Gnome to load.  I also have to use simpler mailers,
so not KMail but spruce does my emailing.  It seems
to work very well.  For an editor, nedit works fine.
Even with a slow machine, I can be quite productive
if I choose applications wisely.  Still, when I'm compiling
Java code, I wish I had a few more megahertz under the
hood on this little laptop.

Roger Frank