Cheap dial-up (was Re: [CLUE-Talk] ISDN)

David Anselmi anselmi at intradenver.net
Tue Jun 5 21:41:16 MDT 2001

Grant,

The cheapest unlimited 56k dial-up I have found is intradenver.net.  $7.95/mo
(with email support) $9.95/mo (with phone support) - pay in 6mo. increments.  NT
and Win2k work with very little hassle, and I've set up Win 3.1 with them too.

They are not the most reliable around (it's an Windows shop).  I usually have
about one less-than-a-day outage a month.  The worst in the year+ I've used them
was last Memorial Day - mail server went down on Fri and didn't come back until
Tue (it was a bad cable to the server - I'm disappointed they didn't work on it
over the weekend, and that they didn't find it quicker.  But I know experienced
admins who would have had the same troubles).  They also don't offer web space, or
(obviously) shell accounts.

But here's what they do have: free email addresses; web mail interface that allows
vacation messages and forwarding; pretty fast connections; no ads.  They also have
lots of Denver info and attractions on their site, though I don't use that too
much.  You can also dial in within minutes of filling out the form.

For the price, the occasional outage is ok by me.

Dave