[CLUE-Talk] Sun study on Gnome as seen by new users

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Fri Jun 15 08:35:24 MDT 2001

I belong to the GNOME GUI and there are some interesting discussions
going on there.  Bottomline: GNOME and KDE are TOO configurable for
average users.  They are looking at my and a few others suggestion that
reduce the default configuration to a similar GUI to Mac and Windows
with improvements and the make the GUI configurable by novice,
intermediate, and expert.  So we'll see how far this gets implemented.

This points our the necessity of the famous "Mom Test," if my Mom can't
figure it out, I need to go back to the drawing board.  It's basically a
sanity check on what I've been doing.

Kevin