[CLUE-Talk] Newbie looking for Linux (Mandrake?) help

Jim Hodgers alfiesty at alfiesty.com
Wed Jun 27 19:50:52 MDT 2001

 David Anselmi <anselmi at intradenver.net> thinks i'm trying to mount an audio
CD. No David, i get the "no media" message trying to mount my Mandrake
install CDrom. The audio disks were attempted to be accessed through CDPlayer
without mounting, but CDPlayer thought the cd was ejected when the drawer was
closed with an audio CD inside. I checked last night, and the Mandrake CD
boots just fine.
But.......... it gets worse, while playing around last night I found that I
can't mount a floppy either. DMESG reports finding both the floppy and the cd
and even shows thier type. Tonight I'm going to install the 100M Zip drive
and see if it works.

Jim