[CLUE-Talk] Trying Out Debian

Grant Johnson Grant.Johnson at MetroIS.com
Wed Mar 14 12:11:34 MST 2001

At 11:35 AM 03/14/2001 -0700, you wrote:

>My Red Hat installation has finally outgrown the partition it lives
>on, so as I type this the good folks at UPS are delivering to me a
>new 8.4 gig drive (the biggest thing my creaky old motherboard can
>handle) which will be devoted entirely to Linux.
Neato Linux trick:

My "creaky old motherboard" will not even get to the memory checking if it
knows about anything bigger than an 8.4 attached to it.  So, I told it to
stop sutodetecting on my secondary master, and then hooked up a 45G
drive.  It boots off the same old 6.8G drive hapily, then Linux found the
45G , fdisk, mkfs, happy time with lotsa more room.  The BIOS only has to
be nice to the boot drive.