[CLUE-Talk] Linux Cert (SAIR)

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Tue Mar 27 08:46:48 MST 2001

Timothy Klein wrote:
> Well, I passed the first of the Sair Linux and GNU certifications tests today

Congratulations, Tim.

> I remember that some of the CLUE members had formed a study group and were
> working on certification.  My question for you is, has it helped?  Once I finish
> the other three sections and pass the tests, can expect my resume to get a
> little more consideration?  I have no previous IT job experience, sadly, I work
> for a telco.  I was just curious about the groups' thoughts on Linux
> certification in general.

The study group is still meeting every other Wednesday.
We've been meeting in the Inverness business park, South
of the DTC.  Two members of the group have taken the first
Sair test and we're currently studying for the sysadmin
test.  Personally I've found the study sessions helpful
and I don't think the others would continue to participate
if they didn't feel the same way.  If you're interested
in joining us, let me know and I'll send you directions.
I'd also recommend you join the clue-cert mailing list
<http://clue.denver.co.us/mailman/listinfo/clue-cert> .

Lynn Danielson