[CLUE-Talk] Fwd: CLIQ 2001 Set to Rock the Rockies!

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Sat Mar 31 10:28:46 MST 2001

Jim Ockers wrote:

> > I need to register a domain in the denver.co.us group, can someone on
> > here walk me through how to do that?
>
> Thus, the guy you need to contact is "cgarner at westnet.net" .  Although
> I happen to know he works for Qwest now, cgarner at qwest.net .

> Domain custodians for .US domains are permitted to charge a maintenance
> fee for the DNS service and work of adding a domain for you.  I don't
> know what Mr. Garner charges though.

Before contacting Chris Garner, There is a form or template you will
need to fill out to request a regional domain name.  When you register
with your regional NIC, you will need to supply the names and IP
addresses of the nameservers which will be servicing your site.  The
template can be found at http://www.nic.us/cgi-bin/template.pl.  I've
sent a text version of this form in my past requests to Chris, but I
can't find it now.  Check out <http://www.nic.us/overview/overview.html>
for more information about regional .us domains.

Fwiw, Chris didn't charged me for the domains I asked him to set up
and he set it up within a week.  He responded to me on my first
request.  The others he simply set up without responding to me.

Lynn Danielson