[CLUE-Talk] [Fwd: The Challenge...]

Nicholas Perez Nicholas_Perez at excite.com
Sat May 12 14:04:23 MDT 2001

I would be very interested in working on this. But we would of course get
debian stable(non-commercial) on that linux system and show him maintence
with debian is superior(apt-get dist-upgrade.) Now is this intranet also
connected to the internet? someone would need to write a firewall for that
system (Egad i just read an NT server is doing that). Filesharing and
printsharing with samba is no sweat since it sounds like there is no PDC
involved. And CUPS should handle the printing. as for the ODBC I am not
sure, but i could do all the previous stuff

On Sat, 12 May 2001 08:09:11 -0600, clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us wrote:

>  This a a potential contract from a friend of mine.  I've asked for more
>  info, but I thought I'd ask you guys to see who would like to be a part
>  of this?  I should know more in the next week or so.
>
>  Kevin
>
>  > Okay, I am planning on purchasing a new laptop computer. I'll be moving
all
>  > of my worldly files from my Novell server and my two pc's to the laptop
and
>  > want to convert the slowest of the PC's to LINUX. I have a copy of Red
Hat
>  > 5.1 and a thick book about using it.
>  >
>  > My plan is to set up the server. Establish an intranet and a separate,
>  > secure place to share files, plus I want to set up print services and
e-mail
>  > processing.
>  >
>  > This is to be a model for a future office with only about 10 employees
and
>  > needs to have the capacity to handle about 150,000 emails annually as
well
>  > as storage of a 500,000 (about 1GB) entry table with ODBC access.
Finally,