[CLUE-Talk] brief intro & cable/DSL recommendations

Ed hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Oct 16 04:43:14 MDT 2001

Hi folks,

I'm new to the area (just moved to Golden and am a post-
doc at Mines) and wanted to check out the local LUGs.  I
was very much involved with TriLUG (www.trilug.org) back
in North Carolina (steering committee member, part-time
web maintainer, and the "Ifest guy") while I was a
Tarheel.

I'm looking forward to attending your next meeting and
would be happy to help out (if possible!) at your next
Installfest.

Also, as a new arrival, I'd appreciate recommendations
for broadband access in Golden.  The quote I got for DSL
from Qwest seems both slow (256K or 640K) and expensive
($40 or $50/mo) so I'm hoping cable is better...  What
do y'all consider to be the best deal?

thanks!
Ed

--