[CLUE-Talk] RH 7.1, XFree86 4.0.3, and remote X clients

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Sep 6 21:20:49 MDT 2001

Anyone have any ideas why RH 7.1 w/XFree86 4.0.3 no longer allows remote X
clients to display on the local X server?  With RH 6.2 and XFree86 3.x you
simply ran "xhost +" on the local server and set your DISPLAY appropriately
on the remote client.  But that no longer works.  Now you get X11Transport
errors.  It looks like there is some sort of authentication that is needed,
but I've tried xauth and ssh to no avail, and as far as I can tell it
doesn't appear to be a ipchains problem (I use tummy.com's isinglass to
configure that).  I thought I knew X pretty well, but this one has me
pretty stumped.  Anyone have some suggestions?

--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |         He who laughs last thinks slowest!