[CLUE-Talk] Cross posting.

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Thu Apr 4 18:45:28 MST 2002

I'd like to second what Matt Gushee said about cross posting.

http://clue.denver.co.us/pipermail/clue-talk/2002-April/003462.html

Since I subscribe to most of the CLUE lists, I get all the cross posts
several times.  And netscape mixes the lists when it threads the
discussion (but that's my fault for using a borken mailer).

Here's my rationale: if a message meets the relatively strict charter of
the tech list, post it there.  If it doesn't, post it to the talk list.
There shouldn't be any overlap in what's appropriate for each list (if
you think there is, point it out and we can update the charters).
People who aren't subscribed to one or the other almost certainly don't
want to see things that don't belong on the list they don't follow.

I know that the cross posting that has been done is with the best
intentions, so don't take this as a flame.

I tried to get a list of people who were on one list but not both, but a
suitable algorithm for comparing the subscriber lists exceeds my limited
attention span.  Maybe one of the perl wizards has such a thing handy.

Dave