[CLUE-Talk] Cross posting.

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Apr 4 19:34:33 MST 2002

On Thu, 04 Apr 2002 18:45:28 -0700
Dave Anselmi <anselmi at americanisp.net> wrote:

> I tried to get a list of people who were on one list but not both, but a
> suitable algorithm for comparing the subscriber lists exceeds my limited
> attention span.  Maybe one of the perl wizards has such a thing handy.
>
> Dave

Uh, lesse.

select tech.name, talk.name
from
  clue-tech tech,
  clue-talk talk
where
  talk.name = tech.name+ and
  tech.name is null
union
select tech.name, talk.name
from
  clue-tech tech,
  clue-talk talk
where
  talk.name+ = tech.name and
  talk.name is null;

Well, I haven't written an outer join for a while, so maybe I got it
backwards ;-).

Oh! Perl, you said. I have something similar laying around. Where do I get
my hands on the subscriber list?

--
Fight the CBDTPA: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine