[CLUE-Talk] Access to unix servers

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Fri Apr 19 12:17:42 MDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 11:48:56AM -0600, Jef Barnhart wrote:
> I had a conversation this morning about how people are connecting to their servers. What is the most common way that you access servers.

> telnet < linux/unix
> ssh < linux/unix

I access my web site via Telnet -- it's hosted by a commercial web hosting
service, and AFAIK they don't support ssh (or maybe they do--at the time
I started my site, I was only dimly aware of ssh).

I access CVS and web servers at Fourthought, my sort-of employer, through
ssh.

Every now and then I'll use telnet or ssh from Windows, but I just don't
use Windows much.

Never use any of the other methods.

--
Matt Gushee