[CLUE-Talk] Access to unix servers

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 19 13:23:09 MDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Jef Barnhart wrote:

> I had a conversation this morning about how people are connecting to their servers. What is the most common way that you access servers.

SSH in an Xterm 95% of the time, SSH at the console about 4% of the
time, and FTP on my internal network on a very rare basis.

It's pretty much always a Linux to Linux connection, as I only use
Windows to play some old games that aren't available under Linux.
In the past I have used Putty to connect from Windows to Linux
via SSH.

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
ymessenger: jbrockmeier / AIM: ZonkerJoe
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our
moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our
government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the
laws of the country." -- Thomas Jefferson