[CLUE-Talk] Access to unix servers

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Fri Apr 19 13:37:00 MDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Jef Barnhart wrote:

> I had a conversation this morning about how people are connecting to their servers. What is the most common way that you access servers.
>
> telnet < windows
> ssh < windows
> telnet < linux/unix
> ssh < linux/unix
> xterm
> console
> other

With ssh or from the console.  If I am accessing from a windows
machine I use PuTTY...it works, it is free, and I can run it
from a floppy if I can't install it on the machine I'm working
from.

I never use telnet or remote X access.  I think all *NIX distro's
ship with ssh, so why risk telnet?
--
Cheerio!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg