[CLUE-Talk] Access to unix servers

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri Apr 19 21:06:05 MDT 2002

Jef Barnhart wrote:

> I had a conversation this morning about how people are connecting to their servers. What is the most common way that you access servers.

Currently it's all ssh, either from linux or usually from windows (with Cygwin).  The server are either mine, CLUE's, or my ISP.  If ssh
isn't supported, there's telnet.

At my last job, I used the server almost entirely from an Xterm on Windows.  To get from my primary server to others (especially production
machines at a colo) we used telnet.  That was fine on our internal network, anything that crossed the Internet was in a VPN.

Dave