[CLUE-Talk] Access to unix servers

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri Apr 19 22:13:03 MDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:48:56 -0600
Jef Barnhart <jef at batky-howell.com> wrote:

> I had a conversation this morning about how people are connecting to
> their servers. What is the most common way that you access servers.

When inside the corporate firewall, I've almost never used anything other
than either telnet or an Xterm. I've been in a couple places where they
had those nifty serial/ethernet boxes, so we could also telnet to the
console. When I've worked where we had to get to boxes in a co-lo
facility, we used a VPN.

For some reason, nostalgia I guess, I have to mention Kermit.

jed
--
Fight the CBDTPA: http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men,
 undergo the fatigue of supporting it." - Thomas Paine