[CLUE-Talk] Books on software usability

Chris K. Chew chris at fenetics.com
Sun Apr 21 20:06:03 MDT 2002

You are right, sites like Nielsen's definitely have their place, especially
for people like us looking for information not as consumers of products.
But at the same time, there is also a place in the web for multimedia and
artistic expression.  These can be used to attract certain people to a
website and improve their experience while there.  Of course, these visitors
will mainly be targeted consumers.

Granted, I would prefer a business system where advertisement is about facts
and no flash, but my business has to compete in a quite different world.  It
sounds like Sean has to also, and Nielsen's websites probably won't be very
effective for us.

Chris