[CLUE-Talk] Colorado: Software tax raises ire

Steve Fry clue at ir3w.com
Mon Apr 22 15:54:56 MDT 2002

Of course, I'm against this - but I have a question/clarification to ask
(anyone?).

I do a lot of PHP/mySQL Web Development.  All of that code I write, does
it count as "custom software" or am I "tailor(ing) popular software"?

Note: I never really thought of myself as being a "software developer"
but rather a Web developer (who uses various (scripting) languages and
databases to accomplish my tasks).

Anyone?  Bueller?

Steve

Kevin Cullis wrote:

> "An updated tax regulation would impose Colorado state sales tax of 2.93
> percent on custom software developed by IT service providers. The
> regulation, scheduled to go into effect May 20, would affect service
> providers and companies that build custom software or tailor popular
> software packages to their own use."
>
> http://www.frtechbiz.com/displayarticledetail.asp?art_ID=56657

              IR3W Web Services
   Steve Fry - steve at ir3w.com - 720-233-3WWW