[CLUE-Talk] Viruses from Europe

Randy Arabie rrarabie at arabie.org
Tue Apr 23 17:42:42 MDT 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Warren wrote:

> I was besieged yesterday by someone's Outlook program infected with the
> W32.Klez virus.  It emails itself to everyone in the user's address
> book and constantly changes the subject and "from" address.  I'm pretty
> sure it gets the 'from' addresses from the address book as well,
> because I was getting messages from legitimate companies'
> autoresponders.
>
> I have a hunch that someone's Outlook program at these hotels got
> infected, mailed itself out to all the contacts, and it spread from
> there, which is what, I guess, viruses do.

One of mine must be that, the subject line is Worm Klez.E immunity.
There is nothing in the message body.  The from and reply to headers
do not match the domain in the received from header.  There are two
attachments, INTRO.HTM and seq.pif.  I couldn't save either of them
to my HD for inspection, pine reports "illegal '=' in base 64 encoding".
I think that quote is precise...I don't know what it means.
--
Cheerio!

Randy

Randy Arabie
GnuPG Key Info --

 Fingerprint: 7E25 DFA2 EF72 9551 9C6C  8AA6 6E8C A0F5 7E33 D981
 Key ID: 7C603AEF
 http://www.arabie.org/keys/rrarabie.gnupg