[CLUE-Talk] Viruses from Europe

Warren warren at guano.org
Tue Apr 23 17:32:06 MDT 2002

Randy Arabie <rrarabie at arabie.org> wrote:

 > In the last week I've recieved 4 emails with attachments originating
 > from email addresses I've never seen or heard of.

I was besieged yesterday by someone's Outlook program infected with the
W32.Klez virus.  It emails itself to everyone in the user's address
book and constantly changes the subject and "from" address.  I'm pretty
sure it gets the 'from' addresses from the address book as well,
because I was getting messages from legitimate companies'
autoresponders.

I have a hunch that someone's Outlook program at these hotels got
infected, mailed itself out to all the contacts, and it spread from
there, which is what, I guess, viruses do.

 --

 </W>