[CLUE-Talk] Pointy-Haired Boss

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Apr 24 20:37:08 MDT 2002

Kevin Cullis wrote:

[...]

> What was the difference between Wiki and his talk?

The wiki was a discussion of the 12 steps by people who had read the book.  So I came
in and it said, for example, "have coding standards".  Of course the first statement
was "it doesn't matter what the standard is, as long as it's standard".  Then the rest
of the discussion was the usual about what standard was best.

So rather than being an organized introduction to the subject it just looked like a lot
of people talking about things that were nice ideas but didn't amount to much - there
was no big picture.  Kent had to talk in broad strokes, so the big picture was easier
to pick up (but I still need to read the book).

Dave