[CLUE-Talk] 9 News Spam ...

Steve Fry clue at ir3w.com
Thu Apr 25 15:00:18 MDT 2002

Is anyone else getting SPAM from 9 News?  I just got this today:

- - - - -
Subject:  NBC's 75th Birthday Celebration!
   Date:  Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:10:54 -0500
   From:  "9News" <kusa at mail.ronindev.com>
     To:  steve at ir3w.com

Roger Ogden
President & General Manager
9News

Dear Friend,

You have been chosen to be part of a select group of  viewers to receive
this special invitation: the  opportunity to take part in what could be
the most exciting month of television in 75 years!

This May, 9News invites you to team up with Entertainment Tonight to
celebrate NBC's 75th Birthday.

We've created this email to keep you informed of this celebration, with
Special Anniversary programs and NBC stars from years past.

Even though it's NBC's birthday, we want to make you eligible for a
special present!  We'll give away a big screen television only through
this special email offer.

All you have to do is check your email throughout the month and see
what's happening on Entertainment Tonight, NBC and 9NEWS.  Then watch
for the NBC 75th Anniversary trivia questions.

You only need to answer one question correctly to be entered in the
drawing.  However, answering all three questions will triple your
chances of winning.  The trivia questions will appear at random, so keep
checking your email.

Now, click on the link and see what's in store for you tonight on
Entertainment Tonight, NBC, and 9NEWS.  Thank you for your valuable
time.

Sincerely,
Roger Ogden

If you do not wish to be a part of this special email opportunity, click
on the link and go to the bottom of the page for instructions.

Click here to continue.

- - - - -

Here's the URL from that "click here" -
http://www.ronindev.com/kusa/etm.dll/04252002-C?09NEWSSPAMSUCKS
[I played with the variable a little - but it should still work for
you.]

SO, I don't recall EVER signing up for any lists at 9-News.  Would I be
out of line then to suggest that 9-News are spammers and all Internet
users should consider them as such?

Steve

              IR3W Web Services
   Steve Fry - steve at ir3w.com - 720-233-3WWW