[CLUE-Talk] [Fwd: FW: [Fwd: NBC's 75th Birthday Celebration!]]

jbrockmeier at earthlink.net jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 25 15:24:31 MDT 2002

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Steve Fry wrote:

> 	We apologize for the 9news email that was sent to your address.  We
> were assured by our marketing company that this email would only reach
> those who have agreed to receive unsolicited messages.  This was
> obviously not the situation in your case.

When will legitimate businesses learn that most marketing companies
DO NOT have lists of people happy to receive unsolicited commercial
email?

The only way to get a list of people who actually want to get email
from you is to create it yourself using opt-in - and even then you'll
get a percentage of people who forget that they've ever signed up
and accuse you of spamming... (happened about once a week at LinuxMall...)

Take care,

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
ymessenger: jbrockmeier / AIM: ZonkerJoe