[CLUE-Talk] [Fwd: FW: [Fwd: NBC's 75th Birthday Celebration!]]

Steve Fry clue at ir3w.com
Thu Apr 25 17:15:53 MDT 2002

Kirk Rafferty wrote:
> Wow.  So now the question is, how did your email address wind up on their
> list?  You've obviously been targeted either by 9News or the marketing
> agency as a Colorado resident.  Wonder how much more they know about you?

FYI - here's their reply (from yet another person at 9-News) when I
asked how my name got on their list.

- - - - -
Subject: FW: FW: [Fwd: NBC's 75th Birthday Celebration!]
   Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:19:16 -0600
   From: "Carter, Steve" <steve.carter at 9news.com>
     To: <steve at ir3w.com>

Hi Steve,
   Your email was evidently on a list that fit the demographic we asked
our
marketing company to target.  I have no idea how these lists are
derived.
Again, I apologize for this.
-Steve
- - - - -

The only time I could have possibly given my email address to 9-News was
once a long time ago when I wrote to them to complain to their news
director about an Infotainment/Advertisement story they did for
Micro$oft.

Steve

              IR3W Web Services
   Steve Fry - steve at ir3w.com - 720-233-3WWW