[CLUE-Talk] [Fwd: FW: [Fwd: NBC's 75th Birthday Celebration!]]

Charlie Oriez coriez at oriez.org
Thu Apr 25 20:35:07 MDT 2002

On Thursday 25 April 2002 17:45, Jed S. Baer gave up the right to
remain silent by saying:
> On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:15:53 -0600
>
> Steve Fry <clue at ir3w.com> wrote:
> > Kirk Rafferty wrote:
> > > Wow.  So now the question is, how did your email address wind
> > > up on their list?  You've obviously been targeted either by
> > > 9News or the marketing agency as a Colorado resident.  Wonder
> > > how much more they know about you?
> >
> > FYI - here's their reply (from yet another person at 9-News) when
> > I asked how my name got on their list.
> >
> >    From: "Carter, Steve" <steve.carter at 9news.com>
> >      To: <steve at ir3w.com>
> >
> > Hi Steve,
> >    Your email was evidently on a list that fit the demographic we
> > asked our
> > marketing company to target.  I have no idea how these lists are
> > derived.
> > Again, I apologize for this.
> > -Steve

Send them a note that says the following:

1) Apology accepted
2) Colorado law requires spam to have ADV: at the start of the
subject line.  Please remit $10 to <insert name and address>

Charles Oriez     coriez at oriez.org
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**
select * from users where clue > 0;