[CLUE-Talk] Exchange Killer? Linux at IBM - Linux Line

Chris Wiegand christopherwiegand at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 28 22:38:20 MDT 2002

I'm deploying this version product at my new job. I convinced my boss to use
it, with Cyrus IMAP, Postfix, and Linux, so that we only spent $300 on a 10
user license pack, instead of Win2K+Exchange at about $1200 a pop, not
including hardware (which for linux was $0, we had enough lying around to
run it, but Exchange would want better than a P200/64MB).

We tried the trial version (14 day), and were pretty happy with it. It
sync's up your local PST file with IMAP, instead of accessing IMAP directly,
so the sync only happens every so often, but still allows my users to share
their Calendars and such. Too bad there's not a real open-source Windows and
Linux group contact/calendaring solution, or at least not one I've found. :)

>Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:08:35 -0600
>From: Kevin Cullis <kevincu at orci.com>
>To: CLUE Talk <clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us>
>Subject: [CLUE-Talk] Exchange Killer? Linux at IBM - Linux Line
>
>FYI.
>
>While maybe not Open Source, it still can help migrate off of MS stuff.
>
>KC
>
>http://www-1.ibm.com/linux/linuxline/apr02/partnernews.shtml

---