[CLUE-Talk] More Microsoft Case...

jbrockmeier at earthlink.net jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 29 20:42:53 MDT 2002

Apparently, Microsoft has dropped several witnesses that they
had put on their witness list. The reason that they've given is
that their case is so strong that they don't need these witnesses.

My guess is they've figured out that the states could use the
testimony of these witnesses against them and decided not to
call them. From what I've heard of the testimony given by Microsoft
witnesses, I don't think they've got any strong arguments against
the sanctions that the states want... but I'm no lawyer and
I certainly don't know what this judge is thinking.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=528&e=1&cid=528&u=/ap/20020429/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_antitrust_511

Any bets on what year it'll be when this is finally resolved?
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jbrockmeier at earthlink.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/
ymessenger: jbrockmeier / AIM: ZonkerJoe
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our
moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our
government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the
laws of the country." -- Thomas Jefferson