[CLUE-Talk] Alternatives to Q-worst.

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Aug 12 17:09:18 MDT 2002

Man, as if moving into a single room wasn't bad enough, now Qworst has
messed up transferring my phone line. On top of that, the existing line
(the one I'm transferring my number to) has become so static-laden that
dialup is impossible. (I'm using the other line, at  the moment, a
practice I need to discontinue, for the sake of courtesy, if nothing
else.)

So, given that AT&T broadband service isn't available here, what are my
options for an internet connection? Has anyone had any luck with dialup
over mobile phone? I don't think I can (and don't want to) attach gizmos
to the house I'm living in, so I'm not too hot on Sprint wireless, or Mile
High Online -- don't know if I'm in their service areas anyway.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'm going to look for other "land line"
phone providers too.

TIA
jed

--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5