Cross-posting [was Re: [CLUE-Talk] Linux Fun-da-mentals details...]

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Aug 21 12:18:34 MDT 2002

Matt Gushee wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 10:01:15AM -0600, David Anselmi wrote:
>
>>My preference is that nothing get cross posted, either.  Seems that our
>>membership doesn't support that concept so I won't rant (yet ;-).
>
> You mean, doesn't support the concept of cross-posting, or doesn't
> support not cross-posting?

Heh.  Doesn't support *not* cross-posting.

Most people are reasonable, especially if asked directly.  But here are
the numbers:

clue-talk: 106 subscribers, 22 not on clue-tech
clue-tech: 163 subscribers, 79 not on clue-talk
clue-announce: 52 subscribers (moderated)
(by email address, not by actual person)

So if someone had an announcement for our members, clue-tech is the
place to put it (even though we could argue that announcements don't
belong on that list).

Since at least half the members of clue-talk and clue-tech overlap, I
think cross-posting is undesirable.  But I don't know what to tell
people who want to get the word out to 'all' of CLUE.

Dave