[CLUE-Talk] Rute.

David Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Thu Aug 22 18:25:05 MDT 2002

Jed S. Baer wrote:

> I was just going through the Colorado Free University (freeu.com) fall
> course catalog, and noticed only Micro$oft courses (or other Windoze
> warez) -- at least where the courses where OS-centric. Nothing on Linux.
> I've thought about designing a curriculum for an "Intro to Linux" class.
> Any suggestions on viable class size or duration?

The outline in RUTE says 4-10 students (of similar competence) for 36
hours (2 x 3hr classes a week).  That's for experienced computer people,
so you might have to go a little longer.

The CFU classes seem expensive, especially considering the hardware they
have (P-I&II w/64MB).  But maybe that's what it costs to have the space.
  I wonder if CFU or CompuSkills is interested in Linux at all.

My library does adult (seniors mostly it seems) computer classes.  Maybe
there is some interest there, too.

Dave