[CLUE-Talk] Bowling for Columbine

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Wed Dec 4 11:34:58 MST 2002

* Kevin Cullis (kevincu at orci.com) wrote:

[snip]

> FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.
>
> GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, butyou're
> not one, are you?
>
> The radio went silent and the interview ended.

This is priceless!  I will have to share it with my father, he will get
a particular kick out of it!

> -------------------
> Using a laptop versus a gun to "take people out:"  Do you think the
> CXO's of Enron took out a few thousand people, i.e. "held them up," or a
> cracker who steals credit card numbers or someone who does identiy
> theft?  They are all criminals!!
> -------------------
>
> > The second point is that as much as I admire our Constitution, it is not
> > perfect.  Preventing me from owning a nuclear bomb for use in a militia
> > would seem to be a violation of the document.  One can not run to the
> > Constitution to solve all arguments: those who wrote it were human, and
> > may have made mistakes.
>
> Do you think Bill Gates needs a Nuclear weapon to get what he wants?

Regarding your two points above, this is why gun control is not as big
an issue for me as it was when I was younger.  I used to be a very gung ho
opponent of gun control.

Today, I don't get nearly so excited about it because, of all the rights
that our government keeps whittling away year by year, those ones are
seeming less important to me than others.  Intellectual rights, freedom
from unlawful search and seizure, etc., make me much more nervous.

Tim