[CLUE-Talk] Job web sites to visit

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Thu Dec 5 15:15:44 MST 2002

On 12-05 14:40, G. Richard Raab wrote:

> On Thursday 05 December 2002 02:01 pm, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> > computerjobs.com can have some pretty good leads if the recruiters are
> > keeping it updated, check the post times before getting too hopeful.
>
> Found that the other day and mentioned to kevin just early today.
>
> some others:
> www.coloradojobs.com
> careers.xml.com
> jobs.perl.org
> www.jobvillage.com
>
> As I mentioned earlier, I almost wonder if we should not put up a page to
> place all these at. There are a lot more layoffs coming and soon.

Care to elaborate? Are we talking about a large local company?

I think if anyone wants to have any job in development for the long haul,
better move to India....I recently read a story about Oracle: they kept
about the same staff worldwide - jobs were cut here, but
there were jobs created on Oracle's India campus(es). And they plan on
moving all development there, according to who you believe. Here are some
links about Oracle:

http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/4578225.htm
http://www.business-standard.com/today/story.asp?story=2639
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/xml/comp/articleshow?artid=29053185

Oracle's hardly unique in this matter, of course. But since they are #2
largest software developer in sales - it doesn't bode well for my (and
other American developers') future.

I'm not being entirely facetious about moving, either. I don't want to be
forced to change careers - I love coding. But if things continue the way
they are going....I'll have little choice. I guess the question is whether
they will let the average American emigrate there.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
I think it would be totally inappropriate for me to even contemplate what I am
thinking about.
-Don Mazankowski, former Candian Minister of Finance
(contributed by Chris Johnston)