[CLUE-Talk] Job web sites to visit

Jeffery Cann fabian at jefferycann.com
Fri Dec 6 06:55:27 MST 2002

On Friday 06 December 2002 06:11 am, Mike Miller wrote:
> What India WON'T take away is local support. Companies NEED fingers to
> push reset buttons, hot swap drives, lay cable, etc.

Actually, they will:

+ http://www.serverworldmagazine.com/monthly/2002/11/roadmap.shtml

> No one OWES you ANYTHING. They don't owe you an IT position, they don't
> OWE you a middle-class income. The reason why America is the richest
> nation on the planet, with the largest military, and the largest number
> of millionaires and the greatest amount of R&D is because it's peopled
> by a driven population. It's easy to point fingers at out warts (Enron,
> Dot Com bust) and cry foul, but that's not really productive.

Amen, Mike! I agree with your no-entitlement perspective.  I think in general
Americans _expect_ to have a good job simply because they survived college.

IMHO, the only way you'll keep your job (technical or not) is if you provide a
real benefit to your company.  This benefit may be in terms of profit,
political or other.  And, as they said on the Sopranos last week:

"You're only as good as your last envelope."

Later,
Jeff

--
    planet earth (tm)