[CLUE-Talk] Quote about work

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Sat Dec 7 20:27:42 MST 2002

"Timothy C. Klein" wrote:

> So does lack of employment bring sickness, drunkenness, and immorality?

Not necessarily so, but it's a matter of perspective. I was referring
that when you do have a good job getting good pay and working with good
people, yes, it does make one cheery, etc.

Have you ever seen or been in a Third World country?  I have, and most
of the "old" folks die much younger than our "old" folks do.  It's not
the lack of employment, but the stress of surviving (finding food or
more food to eat), etc. that causes sickness.  Well paid, less stressed
people live longer, it's a fact.

Now, drunkenness and immorality, they are different things.  When you've
lost all hope, the above things CAN affect your thinking and health.

Kevin