[CLUE-Talk] Bowling for Columbine

Warren warren at guano.org
Mon Dec 9 04:30:50 MST 2002

Jim Ockers <ockers at ockers.net> wrote:

 > ...An adult female purchased the firearms on their behalf.  This is
 > called a straw purchase and is illegal.

I believe this is a federal offense, too.  However, there have been
pitifully few cases brought by the gov't against straw purchasers.

The Washington Post had an article a few years back where they followed
some guy and a woman he had "contracted" to buy guns for him around a
Maryland gun shop.  He'd point out the firearm(s) he wanted, the droid
behind the counter would get it, and they purchased them and left.  It
takes a real scumbag firearms dealer to sell to someone like that.

Michael Moore is a prima donna...a sensationalist.  But, sometimes he
gets in a good one, like a few years ago he was teaching "Duck and
Cover" to a roomful of Indians and Pakistanis.  And, this one:
http://www.activistsandiego.org/wwwboard/messages/1086.html

 --

 </W>