[CLUE-Talk] RH or Deb ?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Mon Dec 9 06:33:45 MST 2002

  Personally I've run both recently.  I find Redhat much easier to install
and comes pre-installed with more bells and whistles.  Then again this
is why I run Debian.  I prefer a Stable, Secure system that only takes a
little effort to make it very pretty.  Redhat is the "Windows of the
Linux world" as I call it.  No that's not a slam, it's just aimed for
windows type people mostly.  Yes, it can be stable and secure but takes
much more work to get it there.  I also really like how the Apt/Deb
system is setup, makes daily/weekly maintenance a breeze.  The online
community mailing list is full of really great people also, even if they
haven't banned me yet.

Thus spake Jeffery Cann (fabian at jefferycann.com):