[CLUE-Talk] Contract Help (website development)

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Dec 11 19:23:42 MST 2002

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 16:34:56 -0700
"Todd A. Gibson" <tgibson at augustcouncil.com> wrote:

> > Also, cap the support limit.  Depending on the project, I will allow a
> > certain time period for text changes or fixing bugs.

I like that idea. I even stuck in the statement of work I'm writing.

>  After the
> > period, any other changes are charged per hour.  Don't forget support
> > terms, as well.
>
> Another good strategy is a retainer agreement.
>
> 	For X amount of dollars I will respond to Y support requests
> 	over the next 6 months (or whatever timeperiod).
>
> Then define what a support request is and isn't.

Always good to establish firm definitions.

I've thought of a few other things which I need to find boilerplate
language for. One is the "rule of law" clause, which is pretty simple, and
I don't know if I really need one of those "if any part of this contract
is found invalid, it doesn't invalidate the rest" clauses, but it would be
nice to know the accepted language for it.

Also, any example of billing clauses and suggestions for penalties for
payment after, say, 90 days?

Thanks all for any more pointers.

jed
--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5