[CLUE-Talk] Media outlets

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Wed Dec 18 08:35:50 MST 2002

On Wednesday, 18 December 2002 at  6:38:24 -0800, Jeffery Cann <jc_cann at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> As we debate various political and social issues on
> clue-talk, I am curious to learn the preferred media
> (video and audio) sources from my fellow CLUEbies.
>
> Please post any links to your favorite news shows.

I don't watch much television, and I don't have cable.  If I'm near the
television at 1730 I'll listen NBC nightly news and then the News Hour
with Jim Lehr (PBS).  I say listen because I'm usually busy cooking supper,
and not really sitting in front of the tube watching.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/NBC_News/
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/

Sunday mornings I'm a regular viewer of both Meet the Press (NBC) and
Fox News Sunday (FOX).

http://www.msnbc.com/news/meetpress_front.asp
http://www.foxnews.com/

At work I listen to NPR, Peter Boyles, Mike Rosen, and even Rush
Limbaugh.

http://www.npr.org/
http://www.khow.com/hosts/peterboyles.html
http://www.850koa.com/shows/rosen/
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

We get the Denver Post and the Rocky Mountain News, I scan both.  And I
read High Country News.

http://www.denverpost.com/
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/
http://www.hcn.org/

This one isn't really a news outlet, but I regard the CATO Institute highly:

http://www.cato.org/

I like Google's new News tab.  I've found some good news coverage there.
--
Allons Rouler!

Randy