[CLUE-Talk] Media outlets

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Wed Dec 18 23:47:58 MST 2002

On 12-18 14:07, Randy Arabie wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 December 2002 at 11:32:57 -0700, Kevin Cullis <kevincu at orci.com> wrote:
>
> 	[snip]
>
> > Merry Christmas (for my Christian friends)
> > Happy Hanukkah (for my Jewish friends)
> > Kawanza (for I don't know who or what this is for, but wish the best)
> > Happy Holidays (for those that ARE happy)
> > etc.
> > etc.
> > Ba Humbug (for those that don't believe in anything or are just plain
> > sour and are offended at everything!  ;-) )
>
> Thanks, and let's not forget Festivus ;-)
>
> http://www.interlog.com/~porteous/festivus.html
>
> "A festivus for the rest-iv-us.........."
> 	-Frank Costanza

They just showed that episode this week, no less - I Tivo all Seinfelds.
Time for the "airing of grievances" and the "feats of strength". :) I loved
how George tries to pull off his "ungift" when he gets caught - saying he
was afraid of being persecuted for his Festivus beliefs.

How insensitive of Kevin to also leave out the Winter Solstice for the
Wiccan and pagan crowds...no wonder most people just choose to say "happy
holidays". Of course, someone told me there are some folks who object to
this because of the "holy" bit. Yeeesh.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/