[CLUE-Talk] Media outlets

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Thu Dec 19 10:24:00 MST 2002

Sean LeBlanc wrote:

> On 12-18 14:07, Randy Arabie wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 18 December 2002 at 11:32:57 -0700, Kevin Cullis <kevincu at orci.com> wrote:
> >
> >       [snip]
> >
> > > Merry Christmas (for my Christian friends)
> > > Happy Hanukkah (for my Jewish friends)
> > > Kawanza (for I don't know who or what this is for, but wish the best)
> > > Happy Holidays (for those that ARE happy)
> > > etc.
> > > etc.
> > > Ba Humbug (for those that don't believe in anything or are just plain
> > > sour and are offended at everything!  ;-) )
> >
> > Thanks, and let's not forget Festivus ;-)
> >
> > http://www.interlog.com/~porteous/festivus.html
> >
> > "A festivus for the rest-iv-us.........."
> >       -Frank Costanza
>
> They just showed that episode this week, no less - I Tivo all Seinfelds.
> Time for the "airing of grievances" and the "feats of strength". :) I loved
> how George tries to pull off his "ungift" when he gets caught - saying he
> was afraid of being persecuted for his Festivus beliefs.
>
> How insensitive of Kevin to also leave out the Winter Solstice for the
> Wiccan and pagan crowds...no wonder most people just choose to say "happy
> holidays". Of course, someone told me there are some folks who object to
> this because of the "holy" bit. Yeeesh.

That's what the etc was for ;-) , I didn't want to leave anyone out, but
I can't remember all of them and I was trying to be a little sensitive
to those that haven't disclosed what they believe.

Reminds me of the Snickers commercial when the football coach invited
the Catholic priest in to say the prayer, and behind the priest was
every know "priest" waiting to say his/her prayer. ;-)

Kevin