[CLUE-Talk] Bowling for Columbine

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Thu Dec 19 11:07:35 MST 2002

On 12-02 23:53, Timothy C. Klein wrote:
> * Sean LeBlanc (seanleblanc at americanisp.net) wrote:
> > On 12-02 22:17, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Side note: some folks seem to get a pass on this, and that's where the real
> > hypocrisy shows itself: Senator Byrd said the n-word TWICE on national
> > television, IIRC, and the press barely batted an eye:
> >
> > http://www.joe4rep.com/KC%203-14-01.htm
> >

> Holy smokes!  This man is and idiot.  I can't believe a politician would
> say that.  I also can't believe that I haven't heard about it!

Four words should cover it: He is a Democrat. That's why not much has been
made of this. This sort of thing happens over and over. I don't think anyone
can look me in the eye and tell me there is not a double standard here.

It takes on a whole new meaning since this Trent Lott thing. You'll notice
that there are folks on both sides of the aisle beating the drum to oust
this guy. The WSJ op-ed pieces have all been critical of him, and I don't
think Rush came to his defense, either.

I have serious doubts that he was referring to segregation when he made his
comments, but he hasn't really explained WHAT he meant by his comments,
either. Just apologized. I don't think that's really adequate.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
Maybe I'm lucky to be going so slowly, because I may be going in the wrong
direction.
-Ashleigh Brilliant
(contributed by Chris Johnston)