[CLUE-Talk] Media outlets

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier clue at dissociatedpress.net
Thu Dec 19 13:54:23 MST 2002

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Timothy C. Klein wrote:

*snip*

> Lets face it, to most folks news is just plain boring.  Fox livens it
> up.  Most could care less if they are left or right.

By all means our news should be entertaining rather than impartial
and accurate.

The important things aren't always exciting. This obsession with having
to be entertained 24/7 is one of the biggest problems that we have
in the U.S. News outlets have to be in the business of entertainment
rather than journalism, teachers have to be entertainers rather than
educators...

I'd rather have a boring news outlet that reports what people NEED
to know impartially and accurately than a slickly-produced news
product that spins current events based on an ideology.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
http://www.dissociatedpress.net/