[CLUE-Talk] Media outlets

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Thu Dec 19 13:41:52 MST 2002

* Sean LeBlanc (seanleblanc at americanisp.net) wrote:
> On 12-18 06:38, Jeffery Cann wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >
> > As we debate various political and social issues on
> > clue-talk, I am curious to learn the preferred media
> > (video and audio) sources from my fellow CLUEbies.
> >
> > Please post any links to your favorite news shows.

> Back when I had cable, I used to enjoy the O'Reilly Factor and Hannity and
> Colmes. Fox always gets called right-wing, and I'm sure that it *is* when
> you put it alongside the broadcast networks and the New York Times, but is
> there anyone who *really* thinks those do not have a serious skew to the
> left? There is a reason for the soaring popularity of Fox News, and it's
> because it's a breath of fresh air. Even if it was nothing but conservative
> hacks, people could still watch it, and watch the others, and try to arrive
> somewhere in between for their conclusions....

IMNSHO, Fox News is doing well, but it has nothing to do with their
Right/Left slant.  They are a lot more glitzy, and have done a much
better job of hiring 'talent' , er, reporters.  Shepard Smith,
pretty-boy extraordinaries, is the prime example.  The shows themselves
are far more intimate in their feel.  I very often find myself shaking
my head at some of the *horrible* reporting I see on Fox, but I watch
anyway.

Lets face it, to most folks news is just plain boring.  Fox livens it
up.  Most could care less if they are left or right.

Tim
==  Timothy Klein || teece at silverklein.net  ==
==  http://i148.denver.dsl.forethought.net  ==