[CLUE-Talk] Media outlets

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Thu Dec 19 22:42:54 MST 2002

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 20:47:19 -0700
Jeffery Cann <fabian at jefferycann.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 19 December 2002 12:36 pm, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> <snip>
> > Of course, there's a lot of sifting necessary when going the blog
> > route.
>
> Sounds like an opportunity to create GBF - GNU BLOG Filter!

Well, I think there's a little of that going on already, in that many
providers will let you customize the RDF feed, if you create an account
with them. I remember reading a while ago, back when the web was sorta
new, articles about how users would be able to create personal agents
which would "do their bidding" on the internet, usually in terms of
searching for information. Essentially, a personalized web spider. It
probably wouldn't be to tough to hack a little bit of a keyword processor
onto the output side of AmphetaDesk. You could even get crude and just
have wget take your Amp-Desk aggregate, retrieve the results, and then use
HT:dig maybe to sift through the results. It'd be your own little (or big)
web cache. Somehow, that doesn't sound as easy as using Google.

jed
--
We're frogs who are getting boiled in a pot full of single-character
morphemes, and we don't notice. - Larry Wall; Perl6, Apocalypse 5